Highest Rated Carpet Cleaning Company In Essex & Chatham-Kent - Locally Owned & Owner
Take a look at this short video that captures the way we decontaminate area rugs of urine, excess dyes, and other heavy soils.
This system is unique to Mister Steamer Carpet Cleaning, in Windsor & Essex; and allows for the most thorough area rug cleaning possible; eliminating odours and soils virtually 100%.
Mister Steamer Carpet Cleaning can fully wash 95% of area rugs.
Washing, simply put; is the gold standard of rug cleaning. While most carpet cleaning companies are extraction cleaning (steam cleaning) your area rugs, we are fully washing them.
Think of it like this: would you rather use a sponge to clean your hair, or a real shower?
Imagine using shampoo to clean your hair using a sponge; how much oil and soap would be left behind? It's the same thing with your area rug, when a company steam cleans it.
Unlike wall-to-wall carpet, your rug contains layers: the face pile, and the foundation. Foundations are complex, and will hold all the dirt, and contaminants in them. Steam cleaning cannot remove the soil and contaminants from the foundation. Rugs need to be washed from the inside, out.
Virtually every rug cleaning company in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent, cleans your rug like this. Leaving behind all that dirt, oil & urine. Gross.
So, how do we do it differently? Check out our process below:
1. Inspect Area Rug: We determine the fiber type (very important), and any pre-existing conditions, including failing backings, dye instability, urine contamination etc.
2. Dry Soil Removal: Rugs are "strap-dusted" using a machine that literally beats dust, sand, dirt, food, etc. out of the foundation of the rug. After they're strap dusted, they are vacuumed to remove the dislodged soil. They are then beat again, and then air dusted. Air-dusting is a technique that uses high velocity air to physically push the remaining dry soil, up and out of the rug. During this process, we "grin" the rug, inspecting to see if any dry soil remains, we repeat the process as necessary, until virtually all the dry soil is removed.
3. Neutralization of Residues & Urine Alkali's: Chances are, your rug has already had exposure to cleaning detergents that got left behind. These residues prohibit a proper cleaning. The same product used to neutralize the residue will neutralize urine alkalinity and breakdown the urine crystals. (Urine never fully dries; it crystalizes, turning into a rock, that needs to be dissolved).
4. Pre-Treatment Of Rug: Using specialized and safe detergents for your exact rug, we pre-treat the rug and let the treatment work for several minutes.
5. Agitation To Break Molecular Bond of Soil: Soils and oils physically bond to the fibers. First the detergents help weaken that bond, and finally scrubbing the rug with a specialized scrubber breaks that bond.
6. Immersion Of Rug & Flushing Of Soils: There are two methods of immersion we employ; one is a complete decontamination bath as seen in the video above, where 80 gallons of water per minute, is flushed through the rug and out of the clean water, and fresh water is exchanged in place of the dirty water. Zero cross contamination of your rug with another. The second method is a floor wash, where water is pumped onto your rug at 45 gallons per minute, complete saturating it in clean water, and flushed with a squeegee until clear. The rug also goes through a light powerwash.
7. Specialized Extraction: The rug is rolled up, and place onto a device that dries the rug from the inside out; removing 95% of the water from the rug.
8. Drying Process: The rug is hung up to dry on drying poles where there are high velocity air movers, or, if dyes migration is a concern, laid out face down on the floor to be dried. The relative humidity is controlled and the wet air is evacuated out of the space with an exhaust fan to maximize dry times.
9. Post-Detailing & Inspection: The rugs are inspected after they're dry to ensure a quality end product. Any touch ups are performed,
Get A Free Quote To Have Your Area Rug Pampered At Our Rug Spa.
You can reach us immediately during business hours (Mon.-Fri., 9-5 P.M.) using the live chat box.
To speak with us via telephone, click the free estimate button to leave us a call back number and we will be in touch during our office hours (3-5 P.M. Mon.-Fri.).